Litigation is serious business, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have some fun outside of the deposition suite and courtroom.
Attorneys, if you think you can run faster than a court reporter wielding a tripod in your direction, here’s a few pranks you can pull on your favorite reporter in honor of April Fools’ Day:
- Superglue the zipper shut on their equipment bag before the deposition starts.
- Hide their supply of exhibit stickers and replace with Smiley Face stickers.
- Remove steno machine from equipment bag, insert toaster.
Can’t leave the reporters out of the fun:
- When marking the first exhibit of the day, wear a giant foam finger while chanting “You’re number one! You’re number one!”
- For realtime depositions, replace the word “objection” with “I’m telling. I’m telling. I’m telling, and the judge is gonna be MAD!”
- Midway through the day of a fast-paced deposition, if asked to read back the last question respond with a straight face, “State your name for the record.”
Happy April Fools’ Day!