The Importance of Hiring A Qualified Stenographic Court Reporter:
- Stenographers undergo specialized training and complete courses in court and deposition procedures, English, legal, and medical terminology.
- Stenographers make a live record of the proceeding from start to finish.
- Stenographers achieve advanced certifications (CCR, RPR, RMR, CRR, RDR) and complete continuing education to keep current with the latest technology and industry standards.
- Stenographers can offer speech-to-text realtime translation, the most advanced technology to provide readable text immediately.
- Stenographers can provide instantaneous readbacks, rough drafts and expedited transcripts.
- Notice of Deposition should indicate testimony will be taken by a stenographic court reporter.
The Dangers in Hiring a Digital/Electronic Reporter:
- The integrity and accuracy of the transcript completely depends on the audio quality.
- Lower standards for certification of digital reporters (few to none are certified in Kentucky).
- Audio files are outsourced for transcription to someone who was not present at the proceedings, allowing audio files to be shared via the internet, jeopardizing sensitive information.
Call on Migliore & Associates for your next deposition or trial. We will always send a qualified and experienced stenographic reporter.
Lisa Migliore Black, Migliore & Associates, Louisville Court Reporting and Video Services. Free conference rooms in the heart of downtown Louisville, KY 40202. All rights reserved.